-->

Navigation

19 October 2012

Friday Five: 5 Winter Beauty Essentials

Winter is approaching quickly (perhaps more quickly here in Britain than in other countries) and with it comes a lot of nice stuff like hot cocoa, building snowmen and the opportunity to wear adorable jumpers and cardigans.
But the weather can be a bit rough on the parts of you that aren't bundled up, so this week I'll be writing about a few things to keep you looking and feeling beautiful through all the snow and rain.


1. Body moisturiser
This is a must all year round, but in the winter your skin tends to be either exposed to the elements or exposed to a whole lot of wool, which often leads to some nasty dry skin. I personally recommend Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days which is the best moisturiser I've tried by far, but I'm sure there are lots of other great ones out there.

2. Face moisturiser
I have a confession to make. I didn't know there was a real difference between moisturiser for your body and your face. But after doing some research, it looks as though there really is, so make sure that if you find the skin on your face is dry you get a moisturiser especially for your face. (Unless I'm the only person in the world who didn't know that, in which case... ahem... carry on...) I don't have a moisturiser to recommend, but check out this list from Marie Claire for some recommended moisturisers that are under £10.

3. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
I'd be pretty surprised if you don't own a little pot of Vaseline already. There are a ton of uses for Vaseline - google "uses for Vaseline" and see for yourself - but one of it's most well known uses is as a lip balm, which is a must if you get dry, chapped lips in winter.

4. A bit of colour
 This may be a bit of a cheat because it's not one specific product, but if you're anything like me then come winter your skin might be looking a bit dull. There are a whole lot of products out there that you can use to add some healthy colour to your skin without going overboard, including blushers, bronzers, and moisturisers with a hint of tan included which do two jobs in one (I recommend Dove Summer Glow, which is available for fairer and darker skin).

5. Anti-Frizz
 Gosh, frizz is the story of my life. And in the winter months, surprise surprise, it's even worse than usual! If you have this problem too, there are a lot of ways to combat it. Personally, I find that a couple of drops of Argan Oil in my hair every now and then, a good shampoo which hydrates your hair, and Frizz Ease hair serum from John Frieda does the trick nicely.

What are your beauty essentials for autumn and winter? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Until next time, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...