-->

Navigation

26 October 2012

Friday Five: 5 Tumblr Tips

Friday Five: 5 Tumblr Tips
banner credit: background
Tumblr is a great website for fashion bloggers. I've used tumblr for a few years but only recently made a new one, and I wanted to get off to a good start. So, I put together a little list of tips that I think can make your time on tumblr much better. I hope you find this useful whether you've been using tumblr for a while or are completely new to the site.


Tip One: Only follow people if you like their content!
I see a lot of people who promise to follow everyone who follows them, regardless of the contents of that person's blog. The fact of the matter is, if you promise to follow everyone even if you don't like their blog, you'll end up with a dashboard full of stuff you don't like and won't want to reblog.

Tip Two: Don't be too concerned with followers.
Most people who promise to follow everyone who follows them do so because they want followers, and don't particularly care if their followers actually like their blog. Being that concerned with followers will make you enjoy tumblr significantly less. Focus on posting stuff that you like, following people who you want to follow and not being too concerned with gaining followers - that way when people do follow you it feels a whole lot sweeter.

Tip Three: Don't spam!
Unless you want to annoy your followers, don't post spam. If someone I'm following posts a lot of spammy messages that clog up my dashboard then I'm going to have to unfollow them. It's a real shame because spam posts can ruin an otherwise great tumblr. This goes for constantly posting follow trains, fake competitions, fake staff messages (tumblr will not delete your account if you don't reblog that message, trust me), chain mail messages, and other similarly pointless posts.

Tip Four: Utilise the queue.
This is pretty much my favourite feature of tumblr. You and I realistically can't be online at every hour of the day. The tumblr queue is an awesome feature which lets you spread out your posts to be automatically posted throughout the day, meaning your tumblr keeps regularly updated. You can find out more about how to use it over here.

Tip Five: ALT+REBLOG!
If you're scrolling through your dashboard and want to reblog something right now, hold down the "Alt" key on your keyboard and click on "Reblog" to instantly reblog it! This is a little tip compared to the others, but it can save a lot of time, especially if you're feeling lazy.
Not that I would know anything about that... *ahem*

Have any Tumblr tips of your own? Leave a comment below.
Until next time, happy Tumbling!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thank you for stopping by my blog :) Do you want to follow each other?
    Do let me know
    x Mariana | http://goingteen.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...